Today we had our first experience with crazy traffic jams. Normally it takes us about 10 minutes to drive from Chris' office to our apartment but today it took us an hour! The cause....? A gunman who had a hostage in a local hotel room. Don't worry... this guy wasn't anywhere near us.
Around 11:00 this morning I heard helicopters begin to continuously circle the area. I had no idea what was going on, but this continued for the rest of the day. They were loud and annoying, even Maggie watched them when I let her out on our little balcony. I knew something must be up, but I didn't know what was going on until Chris sent me a text. The police had the hotel surrounded and shut down one of the local highways that was nearby to ensure the safety of the public.
I was able to easily pick Chris up from work, but because of the location of the highway closure everyone was trying to take the same route as us on the way home. Needless to say, it took forever to travel a few miles. It's been over nine hours now and there are still helicopters flying around outside. I guess this guy just doesn't give up!
Anyways, I'm just glad to be back in our apartment and to have dinner in my tummy now. Tonight was caprese burgers with basil mayo. Yum!
No comments:
Post a Comment