We're here!

We're here!

Saturday, October 13, 2012

Decision time...

I decided to apply for vote-by-mail this year since I've been traveling a bit more these days. Well, last week my ballot came. Yup, I don't have to write-in my presidential vote for Roseanne Barr, there's a bubble for that.

I do have to say that the 143-page voters guide that goes out to every household, is tremendous and should be seriously considered by others. It goes into great detail explaining all state and local propositions, including financial analysis and impact AND includes detailed arguments in favor, against and rebuttals for each - a true literary debate of each item for consideration.

Liberal or conservative, no one can deny that information is power, and that an informed electorate is the embodiment of a true democratic society.

Certainly this isn't a panacea, but my new home state of California has reinvigorated this formerly apathetic New York voter.

I don't always vote republican or democrat, but when I do vote, I vote informed. Stay thirsty (for knowledge), my friends.

(getting down from my soapbox now...)

No comments:

Post a Comment